What Sam Pittman had to say at the last media briefing before LSU
Sam Pittman last met the media ahead of Saturday night’s game with LSU in Baton Rouge.
• Trey Knox fin: It was Knox’s idea to go from wide receiver to tight end and it could be his best shot to play in the NFL, more where he wants his weight.
• Quarterback KJ Jefferson: I was roughed up early in my college career at LSU in 2019, but he’s playing a lot better now.
• Prepare for noise: Think they did it too hard and adjust it in practice this week.
• Which team blitzed the most: Pittman wasn’t sure which opponent had tried to blitz the Razorbacks the most this year.
• Review of captures from Treylon Burks: When he got off with De’Vion Warren’s pass, officials saved him by calling a timeout because the booth was going to examine him.
• Defensive end Tre Williams: Back in good health for the LSU game and confident he will be able to play.
• Move defenders: Pittman says that whether he’s a left-handed or right-handed quarterback could cause the defense to move people around to apply pressure.
• Jalen St. John, Injuries: The offensive lineman is not yet in good health, Zach Zimos is out for a year and Chase Lowery is expected to be back and ready to go.
• Trelon Smith: Managing a reduced number of litters with the emergence of Dominique Johnson “like a pro would”.
• Recruitment in the State: It’s good to show off the Razorback brand in state high schools these days.
• What LSU is changing: After the Tigers played Alabama all the way last week, he thinks they’re going to show similar things and then change.
• Relationship with Orgeron: After offensive line Brad Davis moved to the Tigers, no hard feelings because it’s part of the business.
• The boot : The players understand the importance of playing for the trophy.
Want to participate in the discussion? Click here to become a member of the allHOGS forum community today!